Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Mojo Monday/Heart2Heart sketch challenge with Sky, Sweet Leaf, and Sunkiss Yellow

Here I am again, combining Mojo Monday with Heart2Heart. My sister-in-law had a baby last week who's not doing well. Everyone's prayers have kept him alive this week. So I made this card for her because she's been able to spend some time with her precious baby boy, and we don't know how much longer he has. The inside is a verse: Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding." I used all Close to my Heart Products and you might be surprised that the only paper I used was White Daisy Cardstock.


I made my own background paper and sponged the other pieces to make the colored cardstock. I used Sweet Leaf, Sunkiss Yellow, Sky, Bamboo, and Desert Sand Ink. The stamp sets I used are: Backgrounds and Borders, the little flower is from Mayberry WOTG SS, the little heart is from Love Life, I used the thatched background in Bamboo from Universal Backgrounds, The sentiment is from Key Moments, and I used Everlasting Life on the inside. I also used the Dark choocolate striped ribbon, some sheer ribbon I had and Sweet Leaf Rhinestones. All the cutouts are from the art philosophy cricut cartridge.

6 comments:

  1. Sarah -

    I commented on the Consultant BB as well but just wanted to say again what a lovely card you've created. I'm sure it will touch your Sister-in-law that you've made such a thoughtful piece to show how much you care.

    Thank you for sharing your beautiful art and joining us at Heart2Heart Challenges this week!

    Paige - DT
    www.PaigesPaperParadise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a truly beautiful and heartfelt card. The background you stamped is just stunning and the sentiment so meaningful. I hope your sister-in-law is able to take comfort in good friends & family in this difficult time.

    Thanks for sharing this lovely card with us at H2H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card - so sweet. I love how you only used White card stock!!

    You are a special Sister-in-law and Auntie!!

    Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... that paper you stamped is so pretty... the card is beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stamped background paper is gorgeous. Thanks for playing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way you were able to combine the 2 challenges -- your card is just lovely.

    Lucy
    http://love2createitall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete