Friday, March 23, 2012

Inspired by Red

First I wanted to do the Cards & Things challenge... http://krista-kris-challenges.blogspot.com/

But these colors are so very fall, and I just couldn't think in terms of fall yet, so I waited a few days. Then I wanted to do the For Your Inspiration challenge. http://foryourinspirationchallenges.blogspot.com/

It's also very fall, right? But it took me a while to put the 2 together. So next, I needed a sketch for my card. The one at Sketch Saturday was nice and open, so I could focus on stamping. I found a great stamp set that I hadn't really used yet, perfect for these challenges. Here's the sketch from http://sketchsaturday.blogspot.com/:


And here's my card:
Materials Used:
Paper: Cranberry, Goldrush, Colonial White cardstock
Ink: Olive, Cranberry, Goldrush
Stamps: Life Unscripted
Other: Wooden Assortment Buttons

7 comments:

  1. Sarah, this is a BEAUTIFUL card! Love how you've used the inspiration! Thanks so much for joining us at FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card - love how you used the inspiration! Thanks for playing at FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, this is a wonderful interpretation of the photo inspiration - love the stamps and the colours. Thank you for joining us, and I hope we will see you again at FYI.
    Hugs, Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful use of the colors! Thanks for joining in at FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning design and gorgeous card! I love it! Thanks for joining in at FYI! Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love this card! Great job combining the challenges. Thanks so much for playing along at FYI.

    ReplyDelete