Friday, January 1, 2021

2021 Happy New Year

It has been a while since I posted here. I come back every once in a while and say that. But I am going to try to make at least a card a week this year and post it here. This Christmas I had a lousy amount of Christmas cards to send, so I want to try to have a whole slew of them by the end of the year!

I’m starting with the Color My Heart and Double Trouble challenges. I used a subway tile embossing folder with my cuttlebug to look like a brick wall. And I used this cute, cuddly polar bear from the Got Snow stamp set.

 

The colors I used are Chocolate, Clover, Bluebird, and Candy Apple. I colored with a paintbrush marker, and added some Florence sequins!


Challenges: colormyheartcolordare.blogspot.com

Atlanticheartschallenge.blogspot.com

Doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com






Thanks for looking and I hope to see you next week!


13 comments:

  1. Cute brick wall background behind the fun little polar bear. I love the added sequins for some sparkle! Thank you for sharing with us at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That added bit of coloring was a great idea. You are well on your way to next Holiday Season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card, Sarah! Love the polar bear... Your design fits the challenges perfectly. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble #74 and Color Dare #425.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the polar bear! He goes perfectly with the background! Thanks for sharing with AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interpretation of AHSC and like the textured brick background with the adorable polar bear. Sarah, welcome back... the nice thing about the color challenge any colors whether traditional or non-traditional can be used to reach your 2021 weekly goal of Christmas cards. Sarah, so glad that you incorporated our Double Trouble Challenge "Cuddle Up Day" using your cuttlebug and Twisted Sister's optional twist. Hope you come back to our challenge at Double Trouble and see what Thing 1, 2 and 3 have up their sleeve for future challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet image on fun textured panels. And great to get started on next year! Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute - I just love that bear! Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare, Double Trouble and Atlantic Hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute card. I like the green scalloped mat - really makes the focal panel "pop" off the great subway tile background. Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah, thank you for sharing your cuddly bear card with us at Double Trouble!!! He looks warm and snuggly, too. Happy 2021!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great take on that sketch and I love your cute cuddly polar bear! Your splash of sequins is great too. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card with a cute polar bear! I love your take on the sketch too. Thank you for joining us at Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute card, Sarah. Love the embossed background and how the focal image pops. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete