Monday, March 4, 2019

Rainbows and Springtime

I made this Rainbow card on Saturday, and the Floral Invitation yesterday, and am just getting around to posting them today.

The first card is inspired by the inspiration photo at Fusion. I noticed that the Fusion sketch was so similar to the one over at CAS(E) This Sketch, so I combined them and am entering it into both challenges.


To make the rainbow I die cut a series of dotted ovals with my cuttlebug, cut them in half, and layered them on top of each other. I stamped and colored that cupcake and put a "cherry" sparkle on top, and even though my 4-year old helped me with this card, I'm going to give it to her for her 5th birthday at the end of this month. She loves it so much!


Materials used:
Cardstock: White Daisy, Cranberry, Sunset, Canary, Topiary, Indian Corn Blue, Outdoor Denim, Gypsy
Stamps: Pun Fun, Balloon Animals
Other: Red Sparkles

For my second card, I used the brand new stamp set available from our hostess collection. The big floral stamp was perfect for the top and bottom of the sketch. I used the sketch from CAS Colours and Sketches. The them of springtime was from The Paper Players, so I used flowers and these pretty colors from Sunday Stamps. I interpreted them as: Peacock, Lagoon, Flaxen, Sorbet, and Vineyard Berry.


I used base and shade stamping with the Sorbet, Vineyard Berry, and Lagoon Flowers. I watercolored the leaves with Flaxen ink, and the tiny flowers with Peacock ink. The sentiment was stamped in Peacock and Vineyard Berry. I layered one section of the flowers with a cutout popped with foam tape. It was actually a happy accident, since one section of the stamped image was not complete. Instead of starting over completely, I just stamped that one section onto a scrap and fussy cut it out!
Image result for ctmh let's celebrate hostess rewards

If you would like to get your hands on this stamp set, you can host an online party for me, and use your rewards to get this gorgeous stamp set or any of these other stamp sets. Visit my website at sarahstone.ctmh.com.

Materials used:
Cardstock: White Daisy
Stamps: Let's Celebrate
Ink: Peacock, Lagoon, Flaxen, Sorbet, Vineyard Berry, Archival Black

14 comments:

  1. I like how you inverted the sketch. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at CC&S this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely take on the sketch, the floral is perfect for this sketch. Thanks for joining us at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I like your detail in the flower you added on the edge of the card using 3D form tape! Thank you for joining us at CC&S challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards! Love that bright rainbow! Glad you joined us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, This is a great invitation! Your flowers are perfect for the Spring theme at the Paper Players! Thank you for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely layout for your floral arrangement. :) Thanks so much for playing along with the color challenge at Sunday Stamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful invite...the flowers are lovely!Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete