Saturday, January 9, 2021

New Year’s Resolutions

 Hi! Welcome back! I have fulfilled my promise to make a Christmas card this week. This year I have about 30 New Year’s resolutions, so I am a little ambitious. Last year I focused on the Lord and spiritual growth, so this year I am adding some things to create balance in my life. I haven’t been crafting much, but I need that bit of creativity. So this year I am focusing on balance, not on obsessing over one thing. I’m reading more, scrapbooking, knitting, swimming, organizing, and healthy meal planning in addition to spiritual disciplines like reading my Bible, prayer journaling, hospitality, and fasting. I am hoping this will be a boost to my mental and emotional health as well.

Today I’ve created a card for the “Out with the Old, In with the New” challenge at Heart 2 Heart. I made it with Peacock, Flamingo, and Avocado for the colors at Color My Heart. I think it makes for a very pretty non-traditional Christmas card. The sketch is from Atlantic Hearts. I think it’s a very pretty sketch!







I used a border punch on some pattern paper from Florence, some peacock cardstock, and I stamped an image from Snowhaven Cardmaking Workshop onto White Daisy card stock. I added some pink and green flowers for the Flamingo and Avocado. The sentiment is from the Christmas Love stamp set.

Colormyheartcolordare.blogspot.com

Atlanticheartschallenge.blogspot.com

Heart2heartchallenges.blogspot.com

14 comments:

  1. The pink flowers give such a nice pop to the monochromatic colour scheme. Love your interpretation of the sketch. Out with the old and in with the new - so many great resolutions! Thanks for sharing with us at both Atlantic Hearts and H2H :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sentiment on your card! This reminds me I want to get started on some samplers with some of my favorite stamps! Good luck with your plans and thank you for sharing your card with AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a delicate and meaningful card- I am really impressed. Thanks for joining us at H2H challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ve been so glad to get in a bit more craft time too! Lovely card. The flowers give a nice pop of colour. Thanks for playing along with Color My Heart Color Dare. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that sentiment, so pretty and the colour you chose is beautiful, I love it! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card! I love your colors and that pop of pink. You used our sketch well. Thanks for sharing at Atlantic Hearts and Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  7. pretty card. great colors. thanks for joining us at AHSC last week.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great interpretation of the sketch, and love the pop of pink against the peacock color... beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous greeting! Love the monochromatic theme on this and the roses are a perfect addition! Thanks for playing with us at Heart 2 Heart!

    Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card! Love the blues with the pops of color with the flower. Thank you for playing with us at both Color Dare and Heart 2 Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty card, and well done with the layout. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Sarah this card is just lovely and elegant. I love your border and it goes perfectly with your sentiment. I love it.. Thank you for joining us at CMHCD.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet & elegant card. The flowers are a beautiful touch. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete