Sunday, January 17, 2021

Valentine

 Today I am participating in 3 challenges:

Color My Heart

Atlantic Hearts 

As You See It

The challenge for As You See It is to use your scrap box and make a card in less than 10 minutes. You’re allowed to lay your card out before you start the timer, so I grabbed my boxes to see what colors I had from the Color Dare tic tac toe.


I ended up finding some die cuts in Smoothie, Blue Belle, and Paprika. But problem is, I’m supposed to be making a Christmas card, and these are all Valentines cutouts! So, I’m going to have to make a Christmas card after this. So stay tuned!

I laid out my card, then set the timer and started gluing! I finished and embellished it with 15 seconds to spare! I even decorated the inside.





After I had the diagonal colors for the tic tac toe, I decided to add the Toffee because I had found a die cut that fit well.

As far as materials, I’ve had these for ages, but I think they are Heartstrings, Cranberry Cricut cuts, chipboard heart, Smoothie and White Daisy cardstock, Desert Sands Cricut cut, and some Dutch Blue die cuts (the colors are close, but not exact. I don’t think I own any Paprika or Blue Belle!). The flower is stamped with Universal Backgrounds I think. Then I embellished with some blue sparkles. 




Thanks for visiting and come back soon!

15 comments:

  1. Great card! I'm inspired by you - able to put together this fabulous card with scraps out of your scrap bin in under 10 minutes! Now you probably have "better" scraps in your scrap bin than I do but I'll give it a try. I love that you used "music paper" for your flower - unexpected but great. Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, it is super cute! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and what a fun challenge. I dont know if I could do that, I tend to always overthink and time challenges are the worst..lol Thank you for sharing with us at AHSC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative! Such a fun mix of elements. Thanks for sharing with AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, I love how you combined our colors with the AHSC sketch. The clean and simple look works so well. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare and Atlantic Hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! What a great way to use up your scraps to create this sweet Valentine card! Thanks for playing with us at As You See It this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it amazing what treasures the scrap bin can give up? I'm loving your sweet Valentine card with the rosette. Thank you for joining in with us at As You See It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the music notes flower. It is remarkable what we can create on a time limit and with scraps! Thanks for sharing with us at both Colour Dare and Atlantic Hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. In just under the wire and a sweet Valentines card using up your spare bits and bobs! Thanks for taking up my speed stamping scrap bin challenge over at As You See It this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! 10 minutes & scraps? I'm impressed! Love your card, especially the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great opportunity to use up all those wonderful bits you have in your scrap bin and you put them together in such a creative way! Thanks for getting your adrenaline pumping with us at As You See It Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea for creating a card in 10 minutes... I would never be able to do that. Very pretty card using your stash pile. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare. I see some music notes on your card and our Thing 1 requirement at Double Trouble...please join us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great card! I love that you were able to combine several challenges. I too would never have been able to do a card in 10 minutes. Thank you for playing a long with us at Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty card, Sarah! I love the flower made from music paper. Thank you for joining us at Color My Heart Color Dare #427.

    ReplyDelete