Monday, June 11, 2012

Word art Wednesday, Color Throwdown, and Freshly made

I really wanted to make a card with the Bible verse from Word Art Wednesday today. Unfortunately, my Dear Husband bought me a new computer and I don't know how to hook up the printer, so I couldn't print it off. (It's not unfortunate that I got a new computer, I'm so happy because now everything runs faster! yay!) So I used a stamp I already had. This is a birthday card for my Father-in-law. It was yesterday, so the inside says : "Happy Belated Birthday." I used Card Word Puzzle. My FIL is a pastor who works really hard, so I think he will appreciate this verse. freshlymadesketches.blogspot.com; colorthrowdown.blogspot.com


The flowers from Card Word Puzzle reminded me of the flowers from this inspiration photo, so I random stamped the Crystal Blue paper with Crystal Blue Ink. I did the same to the Taffy with Taffy Ink, and then I direct distressed it with Taffy as well.
Materials used:
Paper: Taffy, Crystal Blue, Baby Pink, and Buttercup cardstock
Stamps: Everlasting Life, Card Word Puzzle
Inks: Crystal Blue and Taffy
Other: Colonial White Ribbon

6 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card! A great combination of the challenges! Thanks for joining us this week at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card this is! Love the stamps and the colors! Glad you joined us at FMS this week (even if it was a little late for the post).!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful that your husband bought you a new computer. I'm sure you'll get that printer hooked up in no time. Your card is beautiful!! What a great way to combine all the challenges. Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the simplicity of the card and the colors.

    Thanks so much for playing along with us on WAW.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful. What a blessing to have you join in our challebge this week at Word Art Wednesday, Sarah! I was SO happy to see that you had entered. Your art is a blessing to me, and I really hope you will choose to share it with us each week. You are always welcome to save the free word art as well. We welcome you!
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card, Sarah. Such pretty colours with a wonderful verse. Sue x

    ReplyDelete