Monday, June 11, 2012

Patriotic

This is my card for 3 challenges: Sweet Sketch Wednesday, Simon Says, and Pals Paper Arts.
PPA136 June 7 The challenge for Simon Says is to be patriotic, use crowns or jems, or celebrate the diamond jubilee. I'm not British, so I chose to be patriotic, American style.I inked up the sentiment in 2 different colors for a neat effect.
Materials used:
Paper: Elemental Level 2 Paper pack, White Daisy and Cranberry cardstock
Stamps: American Celebration
Inks: Cranberry and Outdoor Denim
Other: Cranberry Grosgrain Ribbon, Exra Fine Glitter (red and white - not CTMH)

8 comments:

  1. Lovely Patriotic card! Love everything about it especially your fireworks! Thanks for joining us at SSW!
    Judi SSW DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these CTMH papers and have used them often, but I didn't think of making a patriotic card with them so thanks for the inspiration - your card is just terrific! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun patriotic card. I love your fun image and embellishments.
    Thanks for joining us.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is terrific! I love the stamp you used and the patterns you put together with the papers. Terrific embellishment too - it looks like a fireworks! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
    Sharon, SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, how I love this card!!! Love the patriotic theme and stamps. What awesome papers too. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. this card is the essence of the 4th of july and patriotism. so much talent and so perfect a choice for this week's pals paper arts favorites! hugs, mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. would love to know how you made the firework embellishment! My son's birthday is then and he is Navy so I always do something in his scrapbook for him along that line. Great card!

    ReplyDelete