Saturday, November 17, 2012

Retro Duos

I made a card for RetroSketches and DynamicDuos. I really loved the inspiration this week! Here is my card:
I had fun with this one. I mixed some of my white glitter with my clear embossing powder, not sure what it would do. Then I embossed some snowflakes, each one unique, with the sparkly embossing powder. I didn't think it showed up at first, but it really sparkles in the sunlight. I took this picture in direct sunlight so you could see the snowflakes when you click on the picture. I used my new embossing pen for the first time on the snowman's hat, thinking that it would set clear. But it stayed blue. Luckily it matched, so I didn't make a do-over, but it's not what I intended. Bob Ross would call it a happy accident. I also embossed the sentiment with the sparkly powder.

Materials used:
B&Ts: Wonderland
Cardstock: Black, White Daisy, Twilight
Stamps: Very Merry Christmas, Pair-a-Phrase
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black (not CTMH), Twilight, White Daisy
Other: Blending Pen, Embossing Pen, Clear Detail Embossing Powder, White Glitter (not CTMH)

5 comments:

  1. This is snow cute! ;) LOVE that snowman and the background you created for him is amazing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little snowman image, and that backround paper is perfect for this project!
    Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable. That snowman is too cute, and I love all the snowflakes and glitter! Thanks for joining the Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet card - love the dsp you've used and the sparkly snowflakes look fab! Thanks for playing along with Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete