Monday, November 19, 2012

I love glitter

Here is another Christmas card. I've been making a lot lately. This one is for Merry Monday, Heart2Heart, and the Shabby Tea Room.

This card is so sparkly with glitter, but you can't tell in the photo. :( I wish I knew how to photograph so the glitter would show up more! The challenge at the Shabby Tea Room was a tic-tac-toe.

I did stitching, embossing and glitter and ribbon. Hmm... I think I didn't look closely enough before, because that does not make a row! I guess I could add some buttons or gems and it would work. I wonder if I'll be penalized if I don't. I guess I'll find out. Anyway, I thought the row was glitter, ribbon, and embossing. I wanted to do stitching, but I took my stitch stamp and embossed it around the edges with my Cranberry embossing powder. That way it would count as embossing, but still look like stitching. :) Here is the inspiration photo:

I saw that ice skate, and remembered a sticker I had from a couple years ago. I think it works perfectly.

Here is the Merry Monday sketch:


Heart2Heart has a Christmas theme this week.

Materials used:
B&Ts: Mistletoe
Cardstock: Cocoa
Stamps: You and Me
Ink: VersaMark
Stickease: Mistletoe
Other: Red Ribbon Collection, Cranberry Embossing Powder, Prisma Glitter

14 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful! I can see how you were inspired, that ice skate door hanger is amazing! Your card reflects all of the challenges very well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work here! Such a lovely vintage feel and you represented all the challenges so well. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card, Sarah! Love the papers and cute skate image! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... the inspiration for the card is just wonderful and reminded me of the years I lived in New Jersey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card Sarah, I love the papers you used. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Sarah. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that inspiration photo and you did a nice job interpreting it into your card! And I CAN see the glitter! Fun! Thanks for playing with the Merry Monday sketch this week and sharing your project with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your card!! so pretty! I love your take on the Inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you have combined all these challenges remarkably, Sarah! Love those skates! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous card, I love your take on the sketch and the skates are perfect! Thanks for joining us at The Shabby Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, Sarah! I love these papers :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! Thanks for helping us get into the Christmas spirit at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty, Sarah!! So sparkly and fun ... thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful! Love the vintage feel with the DSPs you've used as well as those skates! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete