Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Lemonade Card

So, maybe some of you are wondering why I haven't been posting much lately. Well, in addition to taking care of my 4 wonderful children (my daughter had her 6th birthday yesterday), I've been working on this:


This is the first sweater I've ever knitted. It took me a long time of working on it during the day and the evenings along with my regular responsibilities. I'm planning on knitting more too, but hopefully I can make some cards during day times and knit in the evenings.

The card I made today only took a couple minutes to make, so hopefully they'll go like that more often! I was playing with my Taste of Summer Paper pack. Since I don't have the coordinating stamp set yet, I used the fruit slice from the Jubilee WOTG and the sentiment from Paper Doll.


The colors are from Color Throwdown, the sketch is from Freshly Made, and I am participating in the CAS challenge from Simon Says. I also want to submit this to the Word Art Wednesday challenge (I would love to use their Bible verses on my cards, but my printer is out of ink right now).



Materials used:
Cardstock: Black, White Daisy
B&Ts: Taste of Summer
Stamps: Paper Doll, Jubilee WOTG
Ink: Sunny Yellow, Black
Other: Gold Sequins

9 comments:

  1. Your sweater is wonderful and so is this sweet card! Love it! Glad you shared it at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous sweater...WOW!!! You are sooo talented!!!! I love you card, too, especially with the cute little lemons and fun sentiment!!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, so luv the sweater...WOW...you could sell them on Etsy! your card is precious, I luv the design and colors! started following you too! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun, fresh design! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous sweater and a gorgeous card! Love the happy, bright yellow and the cool lemon wedges. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet card Sarah. Love those lemon slices and the pretty sequins. Thank you for your playing along with us at The Color Throwdown. Lovely sweater. Not bad at all for a first try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors and layout of your card. And that sweater! Great job! I saw you at WAW and had to stop in and say hello.
    kReN@http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete