Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Unwinding with Flowers

Hi and happy hump day! I have been so busy this week with VBS and swim meets, but I've still managed to carve out some time to make a card. I made this using the colors from Color My Heart and the Sketch from Atlantic Hearts. The theme is relax and unwind from Heart 2 Heart, and flowers have always been relaxing for me, plus these colors are very soothing. I'm also entering this into the Anything Goes challenge at Simon Says.

I used the Happy Times paper pack and stamp set. We were allowed to use gold or silver on our projects, and the paper had the prettiest gold and pink paper that made this card turn out gorgeous! I do not have Blossom yet, and I don't know, but I assume that the pink in this paper pack is the same as Blossom. Correct me if I'm wrong! I used Blush ink to stamp the flowers.


I also do not have Linen yet, so I used Colonial White paper and ribbon. I'm not sure, but on the computer Linen looks a little grey, but I think it replaced Colonial White?

I hope you can come join me this week at my favorite Close To My Heart challenges!



Materials used:
Cardstock: Colonial White, New England Ivy
B&Ts: Happy Times
Stamps: Happy Times, Pretty Petals
Ink: Blush, New England Ivy
Other: Treasured Puffies, Colonial White crochet lace ribbon

11 comments:

  1. Your card is so Beautiful and pretty !!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! /Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the golden design in the paper, and your clever way of letting the bloom extend beyond the border!
    Thank you for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!
    Blessings,
    Christine
    DT Member
    https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is beautiful! I love the paper and your flowers are so pretty. Thanks so much for sharing with us at AHSC! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card. I'm new to CTMH and the design challenges. I'd love it if you'd check out my entry and offer tips if you want. Blessings, Kimberly

    http://gladeslibrarian.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the flower going off the edge! What a pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!
    Linda
    DT member
    http://www.scrappytherapy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah your card is a real beauty! I love the papers and how the flower goes off the edge. The gold flower center perfectly goes with the gold in the paper. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, I love the dimension of the stamped image with the cut out....great job! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is beautiful and I love you incorporating that patterned paper!

    Thank you for playing with us at Heart 2 Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of my favorite papers from Happy Times, I bought two packets so I know I have lots of left-overs, time to pull it out. Your card is beautiful, love how you popped up the flower. Thanks for sharing with us at Heart2Heart and combining it with two of my favorite other challenges Color Dare and AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, Sarah! Love how the sentiment pieces pulls out the flowers from the background paper! Thank you for sharing with us at Color My Heart Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love the stamped flowers and how they match your B&T. Thanks for playing with us at the Color My Heart Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete