Monday, June 11, 2018

Christmas in the country

Hello and happy Monday! Today I made a Christmas card, slowly adding to my stash. Now I have 4! Yay! So, the warm color challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown was tripping me up, and I couldn't think of how to work it. But then I saw the barn challenge at Merry Monday, and I knew immediately what I wanted to do. In addition to those two challenges, I'm also entering this into the Holiday (No birthday) challenge at Pile It On.


I used the whimsical barn stamp from one of my favorite stamp sets. I stamped it in black ink and colored it with Cranberry, Sunset, and Sunny Yellow inks using a paintbrush and water. Then I stamped two trees to make it look like winter time, and I gave it all a thin coat of fine white glitter.

The inside says "...for Christmas comes but once a year."

I hope you can make your own Christmas card this week using some of these fun challenges!


Materials used:
Cardstock: White Daisy, Cranberry
Stamps: Howdy, Cityscapes, Card Chatter-Christmas
Ink: Black, Sunny Yellow, Sunset, Cranberry
Other: glitter (not CTMH)

8 comments:

  1. That's lovely - I'm glad you found your inspiration to use these colours, they're not the most obvious for Christmas but it does make us think and come up with something different! The glitter gives a lovely snowy and Christmassy touch. Thanks for joining in with the 52CCT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Barn image and the sentiment, thanks for sharing at Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An ideal combination of challenges. I love the barn stamp and the sparkly roof. Thanks for joining in at 52CCT

    ReplyDelete
  4. great barn image and love those wonky trees :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. quelle jolie carte Sarah, très jolie image joliment mis en scène avec ces couleurs chaudes, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52 CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet barn image and I love how you colored it, Sarah! So glad you could join us at Merry Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea how you use this hot colours :-)) I like your farm.
    Thanks for joining us at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect little outdoor scene for this fabulous holiday card. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Pile it On Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete