Monday, June 25, 2018

Owls and Pineapples

Hey there! It's Monday, and we've got a busy week ahead of us. This week is VBS, so I won't have tons of time for crafting, but I'm going to try to get a few cards in. I started this card yesterday for Your Next Stamp and Just Us Girls. I finished it up today. I came home to pleasant air conditioning in my craft room. It's been sweltering for about 3 weeks since the air went out upstairs. They finally finished it today, and I think I'll be able to be a little more creative when I make cards now, not so enslaved to the sweat-inducing Alabama heat and humidity!

So here's my card. I used the colors and sketch from Your Next Stamp.


I was thinking about wings for the owl, and I had some pineapple paper in front of me, so I just cut out the pineapples for the wings and attached some googly eyes. It's supposed to be a light-hearted birthday card. Did I accomplish that mission? Here is the inside:


Come on and play along with me this week!
 

Materials used:
Cardstock: White daisy
B&Ts: Ivy Lane, Babycakes, Calypso, Zoe, Sugar Rush
Stamps: Whooo's Your Valentine, Birthday Funnies
Ink: Sunflower, Olive

2 comments:

  1. What a fun card! I love all those patterned strips and that owl is so cute! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that sentiment and your card! Your color palette matches our photo perfectly this week...not to mention your cute owl with his googly eyes! Thanks for joining us over at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete