Monday, April 2, 2012

Floral Easter Card

Today I wanted to make an Easter card for my DMIL who always sends my children gifts and cards for Easter (and all occasions).
I used the colors from Cr84fn color challenge:

I used the Mojo Monday sketch:

This is the inspiration photo at the Shabby Tea Room. We are to use handmade flowers on our card this week:
  

The theme at Heart2Heart is Easter. And the theme at the Pink Elephant is CAS. I tried to make the lines clean and the layout as simple as I could, without sacrificing the shabby elegance of the floral cluster. How'd I do?
Here is the inside: I used a masking technique because this was an Art Philosphy Flower card.
Materials used:
Paper: Colonial White, Garden Green, Taffy, Baby Pink, Heavenly Blue CS
Stamp: He is Risen
Ink: Cocoa, Heavenly Blue, Cotton Candy, Blush, Baby Pink
Other: Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge, adhesive pearls (from M's), ribbon from my stash, bitty sparkles

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, lovely handmade flowers, and a great sketch!
    Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! The flowers are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet and beautiful. Pretty flowers are just fabulous for our challenge. SO glad to have you join us in the Tea Room:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, the little lambkin is so adorable with its flower adornment! Such a beautiful card!

    Thanks for sharing this little bit of lovely with us at Heart2Heart Challenges this week!

    Paige - DT
    www.PaigesPaperParadise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful job on the flowers & I love the touch of ribbon. Thanks for sharing with us this week at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful homemade flowers and great stamp! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job combining the challenges, love the inside as well! Thanks for playing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful! I think you nailed all the inspirational items.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, what a sweet card! The lamb is sooo adorable and love all the flowers. TFS and have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty -- love the flowers!


    Lucy
    http://love2createitall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet! Thanks for joining in with The Shabby Tearoom!

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a beautiful card... love your flowers and love those colors together.

    ReplyDelete