Saturday, August 12, 2017

Car Card

For my first three children, I had their scrapbooks finished shortly after they turned one. That is why it will come as a shock to you to hear that my 3-year-old's first-year scrapbook is not finished yet, actually it's barely started. Life changes and homeschooling have gotten in the way of my scrapbooking time. This week I pulled out my supplies and worked on the album for three days straight. Sometimes I make cards and think, "I'm using up all my scrapbooking time and supplies making cards I don't need." But I really like participating in card challenges, so I just need to find a balance. Maybe soon I will take some pictures of all the layouts I made and post them here.

My husband took my son canoeing this morning, so I let my girls watch cartoons and took a few minutes to make this card. It was not hard, and I still feel like it needs something, but one-layer cards are not my forte. I'll get better at it with practice.

Less is More is asking for a one-layer card using vehicles.
Addicted to CAS is asking us to make a one-layer card.
Just Us Girls is challenging us to use something shiny.
Crazy 4 Challenges says to use monochromatic colors.


You can see that I embossed the car in silver.


I used shades of green for my card.

I added another piece of advice on the inside of the card to finish it off.



Materials used:
Cardstock: Sweetleaf
Stamps: The Long Way Home, Ciao
Ink: Topiary, Whisper pigment Ink
Other: Silver Embossing powder

7 comments:

  1. What a fabulous little card. Love what you have done with that vintage-y looking car, and your greeting and sentiment are so fun. Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at Just Us Girls!
    Judy~ JUGS DT, Challenge Host
    {Judy's Happy Place}



    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you, Sarah! I find the challenges so addicting and so good for stretching my skills! I love your shiny silver card and the profound sediments you used outside and inside!! Thank you for playing in the JUGS challenge! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this cas card Sarah. That car looks fabulous and your sentiment 'perfect'. Thanks for sharing this beauty with us at Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like you, I find one layer cards more difficult, but that is the idea of entering challenges isn't it - to push us out of our comfort zone! In any case your card is just the thing - beautifully embossed, and some helpful advice thrown in as well - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun CAS card and love all that shine to your car. Great idea for our challenge and a superb sentiment too. thanks for joining us at Less is More this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your one layer card is perfect :)

    Thank you for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS - Ellenor

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the silver embossed car in that gorgeous soft green base. Great sentiment and font too.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete