Friday, July 21, 2017

Hello Cutouts

I made this card using inspiration from 3 challenges: The sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch, the Challenge from Always Playing with Paper, and, a new one to me, Fusion Card Challenge.

The Challenge was to use black and white, and only add one other color. That's always fun. I really liked the pastel colors in the photo inspiration from Fusion, so I really wanted a light peach color. I found some paper in the LE paper pack, Free to be Me, and I found my old Taffy ink to match it.

The cutout is from Artistry. I didn't have a stamp or a die with this fabulous cursive "Hello," so Cricut to the rescue!



I stamped a couple of feathers at the bottom of the card, but they look a little like waving grain. That's ok I guess! The dragonfly was inspired by the sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch.

 Image may contain: text 

Materials used:
Cardstock: Black, White Daisy
B&Ts: Free to be Me
Stamps: Pemberly WOTG, Pathfinding Cardmaking WOTG
Ink: Taffy, Archival Black
Other: Artistry

7 comments:

  1. This is great, Sarah! Love the pastel choice! Thank you for sharing this with us at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty. Thank you for joining us at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card! Beautiful job on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the black makes that peachy color pop. Great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Great sketch and the peach is so pretty with the black and white! Perfect CAS card! So happy you joined us at The Challenge this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple and chic! You sure know how to make dimension work! Thanks for playing along at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete