Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Balloons and Bugs

CASology is a new challenge blog to me, but they are actually having their 5 year anniversary! I had fun hopping around on their blog hop yesterday, and I made this balloon-themed card to participate! I immediately thought of a hot-air balloon when I saw the balloon cue-card, so I cut this polka-dotted one from the Artiste Cricut cartridge.

I used the garden/bug theme and colors from Cupcake Inspirations, and the bug theme also fit well with the challenge from Shopping our Stash, another new-to-me challenge blog.


To make this card, I got out my ink pads that fit with the Cupcake colors, and then I got out all my stamp sets that had cute little bugs on them. I stamped the flower field in Sweet Leaf, then the bugs in Pixie, Gypsy, Canary, and Crystal Blue. I stamped the balloon from the My Sunshine stamp set, but decided to layer it with a Cricut cut using Brushed paper instead. The White Daisy panel was affixed to a Crystal Blue card base.



Come have fun with us and play along with these wonderful challenges!

Materials used:
Cardstock: White Daisy, Crystal Blue
B&Ts: Brushed
Stamps: Bee Petite Perks (Bee), All the Details (Sentiment), Splendid Day (Lady Bug), Your Own Kind of Wonderful (Butterfly), Summer Picnic (Ant), A Flowering Bunch
Ink: Gypsy, Crystal Blue, Pixie, Canary, Sweet Leaf
Other: My Legacy Writer

6 comments:

  1. Super cute card!
    Love the colours, the balloon and all the wee buggies!
    Thanks for getting buggy with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fresh! LOVE it!
    Thanks for hopping along with CASology and adding your beautiful card to the gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore that stamp set and the sentiment sounds like ME! Love the polka dot balloon! Thank you so much for sharing your artwork with us at Cupcake Inspirations this week. Wendy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful little garden! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Cupcake Inspirations!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is super cute! I love the colors! Thanks for sharing your card with us at Shopping Our Stash! Cyndi, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad that you found our blog! I adore your colors and I'm a sucker for anything floral. Your balloon adds a bit of whimsy too. Thanks for sharing at CASology!

    ReplyDelete