Sunday, March 22, 2015

Happy Birthday!

I decided to look up some of my favorite Sunday challenges today while I was waiting on the laundry. Here's what I found:

Sweet Sunday Sketch
Sunday Stamps - Black, White, Rust, and Saffron
Order of the Opus Gluei - Black and another color
Pile It On - Sentiment as focal point
Sentimental Sundays - Bling, buttons, or brads

So, I made this card:


For the color challenges, I used black with shades of beige. The 'saffron' is Bamboo, and the 'rust' is Kraft. I used my mini birthday stamp for the focal sentiment. I decorated with gold shimmer trim, gold sequins, and hemp.



Materials used:
Cardstock: White Daisy, Kraft
Fundamentals: Basics
Stamps: Heartfelt Birthday Wish
Ink: Black
Other: Gold Shimmer Trim, Gold Sequins, Natural Hemp, Journaling Pen

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah...so good to see the black taking back stage (not something I can do easily) here on this lovely clean card. Using glitter and sequins gives another dimension too. Thanks for playing along in our Opus Gluei challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. darling card! love the touch of gold sparkle. thanks for playing with us at Sweet Sunday Sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you have combined bling and sparkle with a classy subtle elegance. It's a real treat to see this-thank you for sharing your talent with us at the Order of the Opus Gluei for our Black and ? Challenge!

    ReplyDelete