Monday, January 14, 2013

Shabby Purse

I got out my Artiste cartridge again today and made a little Christmas gift holder purse for The Shabby Tea Room and Merry Monday. I really like how it turned out!

 
I found some old white muslin in my fabric scraps, so I cut a strip, ran a running stitch through it, pulled the thread to scrunch it, then wound it on a glue dot to form a flower. It turned out better than I thought it would! This is the Shabby Tea Room Inspiration Photo. We were to use the colors in the photo, fabric/ribbon, and roses.
 
Here is the Merry Monday sketch:
I used the hole of the purse handles as the big circle in the middle of the sketch. The rose is the little red dot. Just in case you couldn't see how I interpreted the sketch. :)
 
Materials used:
Cardstock: Colonial White, Olive
B&Ts: Stella
Stamps: Pear & Partridge WOTG
Ink: Blush, Chocolate Distressing Ink
Other: Rhinestone Brads, Clear Sparkles, Color Ready Seam Binding Ribbon, white fabric (not CTMH

8 comments:

  1. Wow, what a stunning project Sarah. Your card holder purse is fantasic and I love the pretty flower. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful take on this sketch, Sarah! This is amazing! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch. Love your fabric flower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, Sarah! I love your take on this sketch and how you made this into a purse! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful purse card holder ... I love it! Simple, elegant and gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, love your take on the sketch! How fabulous! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your flower...such a beautiful project Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is truly beautiful! I LOVE this gorgeous little bow and your take on Lesley's sketch! thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete