Saturday, June 11, 2016

Color Dare #197

Hi! I know it's been a while, but man, I've got a lot going on. I needed some creativity in my life, so I took the day to just create some cards.

I've been preparing for a cross-country move which will happen within the month. We finished homeschooling on May 28, and then my mom died unexpectedly which has set me back a little. After a long trip to the funeral, we are back and I'm stressing out, but making cards has helped calm me down a little.

This one is for the current color dare over at Color My Heart. The sketch is from Atlantic Hearts. I used Confetti Wishes which had both colors - Pacifica and Canary.


 

Materials used:
Cardstock: White Daisy, Pacifica
B&Ts: Confetti Wishes
Stamps: Artiste
Other: Paradise Paper Shapes Flowers, White Daisy Brads

11 comments:

  1. What a cute birthday card, Sarah! I love the flower that you added!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Sarah! Condolences on the loss of your Mum, and best wishes for your move.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, Sarah! I'm so glad that you took some time for yourself to create such a lovely card. Thanks for inspiring us at the Color Dare blog. Best wishes for a smooth and successful relocation.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute card! Love the colors and papers you used. I hope all goes well with your move and I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. Thanks for joining us at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun and I love those colours together! Great card! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC)!

    Brandi R
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bravo on a GREAT card!! I love the blue and yellow together! The flowers are a great touch. So very sorry about the loss of your Mom. :( Best wishes on the big move. Happy you came to play over at AHSC this week! ~ Ali (AHSC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cure card, Sarah! I use my craft time as therapy...I lost my mom in 2012 and I still struggle every day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sorry for your loss and totally understand that something like making a card is great stress relief! It is an adorable card! Love the colors! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC)!

    Linda N
    DT member AHSC
    scrappytherapy.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it!! Love the word bubble for the sentiment... thanks so much for playing along at Atlantic Hearts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful interpretation of the sketch. I love the checkerboard panels!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! Crafting definitely helps me to release my stress. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete