Friday, June 14, 2013

Swap Spoiler

Well, I've been spending all my spare time putting together swap cards for convention. If you don't want the spoiler, STOP READING. LOL. I made them all different colors, so they were pretty fun to make! I am using this one as the Color Dare entry:


This isn't really honey, but you can't tell in the picture, can you? I actually used Sunflower for this one. I was using up some of my retired 8 1/2"x11" cardstock for these cards.

The technique I used was faux stitching:
1. You turn the card upside down and emboss around the edges.
2. Sand the embossed edges.
3. Use your paper piercer to poke holes at regular intervals in the sanded, raised edge.
4. Now you have a beautiful realistic stitched edge without all the work of actually stitching!

The layout is from page 76 of the idea book.

Please come play along in our Honey challenge at Color My Heart this week!

Here are some of the different colors, packaged and ready to go!

Materials used:
Cardstock: Sunflower, White Daisy, Black
Stamps: Just for You
Ink: Sunflower, Olive, White Daisy
Reinker: Black
Other: Washi Tape, Durables Studs
Tools: Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge, Sanding Kit, Piercing Tools, paint brush (not CTMH), Embossing Stylus, MicroTip Scissors,

3 comments:

  1. Sarah, this is my favorite stamp set! I would never think to add that stud to the middle, it works wonderfully with all the other elements. Fantastic reproducible card! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my lordy did you stitch them ALL!!!???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards, Sarah! Love the explanation of how you did the faux stitching! I'm definitely trying that soon!
    :)Marie

    ReplyDelete