Friday, May 24, 2013

Color Dare and Operation Write Home

Hello everybody. Here is a card I cased from Allisa Chilton, I used the sketch #1 from Operation Write Home, and the colors at Color My Heart.

Tomorrow I will be making a Thank You card for Operation Write Home blog hop using this same sketch. I hope you'll join in the blog hop, and I hope you'll play with us at Color My Heart this week using Crème Brulee and Juniper!

Sketch Challenge #1
Materials used:
Cardstock: Juniper, Crème Brulee, Colonial White, Desert Sand
B&Ts: Elemental, Typeset
Stamps: Cozy Cat
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (not CTMH)
Markers: Desert Sand, Juniper
Other: Cuttlebug Christmas embossing folder (not CTMH), Cashmere Twill Ribbon, Brown and Tan Sparkles

4 comments:

  1. Okay...I am NOT a cat person, but this has got to be my favorite card of yours since I've been following your blog. Of course, how can you go wrong when CASE'ing Allisa? Love how you paper pieced the cat's pillow with two different pieces of Typeset, and how the top piece looks almost like a quilt. You put some great extra touches, like the gemstone on the collar and 3D mounting the cat's muzzle, which just make this card go, "Shazam!" Purrfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY well done. The way you butted up the end of the sentence with the one inch strip of paper shows you have a good eye for balance and know what you're doing. Thanks for posting and inspiring us! :-) -B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Sarah! I love Cozy Cat and you did a great job of displaying him prominently on your card. I like how you paper pieced him and his pillow--he does look quite cozy! I love the simplicity of the sketch you chose also--can't wait to see your thank you card tomorrow!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am definitely a DOG person, but your kitty card is a QT! Love the shaped, textured and paper-pieced mat for your feline friend. All the dimension adds to the interest, too. Love this one!

    ReplyDelete