Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Pineapple person

 I showed my daughter the pineapple Cricut cut, and she said, “Why does the pineapple have sunglasses on?” I showed her the inspiration photo from Just Us Girls and we had a good laugh that the pineapples looked like people. I even put a flower in it’s “hair!” I used the sketch from The Paper Players, rotated, and the code word, grid, from Addicted to CAS. I made a grid from a journaling box by drawing vertical lines over the horizontal lines.

I finally was able to open my new Cricut and get it set up in Design Space. Last year a lightning strike destroyed most of our electronics, including my Cricut expression. I used the insurance money to replace it with the Explore Air 2, because that way I could link up my cartridges. This pineapple was cut out with the Artistry cartridge. I don’t get much crafting time during the school year, and I mainly stick to knitting. But this summer, I have carved out an hour or so for paper crafting each day, so I’m happy to finally be able to use my new Cricut.








Materials used:

Cardstock: Black, White Daisy, Garden Green, Sunkiss Yellow

B&T’s: Calypso

My Stickease: Calypso

Other: Subway Tile embossing folder, Artistry Cricut Cartridge

2 comments:

  1. You did such a perfect job being inspired by our photo at Just Us Girls! Great card! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun - don't all pineapples wear sunglasses lol?! Thanks for playing along with my sketch challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete