Tuesday, June 21, 2022

One-layer Wonder

 Today I made a one-layer card that I am actually satisfied with! The theme for Paper Players was to make a one-layer card. I used the color combination from the inspiration photo at Sunday Stamps. And the cupcake theme was for Paperminutes.

I found a card design I really liked, and decided to stamp the border at the bottom. I tied the red together by stamping the “Happy” the same color. The blue of the frosting was tied together by the little hearts and dots I stamped with the same ink. This is such interesting color scheme, but it really works. I chose Smokey Plum, Petal, Crystal Blue, Flaxen, and Poppy for my colors. I used water, a paintbrush, and ink pads to color in the frosting and cupcake wrapper.





Materials used:

Cardstock: White Daisy

Stamps: Cricut Artiste Collection Birthday, To My Bestie, In The Background, Field Trip Alphabet (I used the period to stamp the dots)

Ink: Crystal Blue, Petal, Smokey Plum, Poppy, Flaxen

4 comments:

  1. Adorable, Sarah! Cupcakes are always awesome, lol, and I love that bottom border - you have really popped our colors! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card, Sarah! Sure to make someone smile! SO happy you joined us at The Paper Players and Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love one-layer cards, and the strip at the bottom is perfect. I love that you changed colors in your sentiment to tie it all together. Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those little hearts - they look like confetti - perfect to celebrate with that fabulous cupcake! so glad you shared this sweet card with us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete