Monday, June 4, 2018

Summer!

Today marks the first day of my summer break. Hopefully I can work on some cards a little and I'm excited! We have moved, and I have a great craft room in my new house (pictures to come). Today was the first day I got to work in there, and it's so roomy, I love it!

Today I made a card using the colors from Color My Heart and the sketch from Atlantic Hearts. I didn't like the sketch at first, but after I put my card together I realized that it works! Here you go: I'd say my first attempt at creativity was a success!


I used chocolate instead of nutmeg, since I don't have any nutmeg paper or ink yet. I will probably send this card to my dad, or give it to my husband as a father's day card.

Come play along with me at these challenges:

Materials used:
Cardstock: White Daisy, Chocolate
B&Ts: Flirty, Frosted
Stamps: Catch You Later
Ink: Chocolate, New England Ivy
Embellishments: Studs and star chipboard shapes

7 comments:

  1. Id say you rocked the sketch, Sarah! Love your color combo, I often found the Frosted paper a little challenging to work with but it makes a great background piece here. Congrats on the move and bigger craft room, and thanks for sharing with us this week at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on the sketch...thanks for playing along with the Color My Heart Color Dare. Hope to see you around here often this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you transformed the sketch into a card with really great shading and dimension. Love the color scheme! Thanks for playing along at AHSC.
    Blessings,
    Christine
    DT member

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, thanks so much for sharing your card with Color Dare. Recognize that retired design paper and I know I have it in my stash. I know Color Dare was your baby that you stepped away from years ago but glad to see that you are returning and sharing your first project in your new scrapbook room. And yes, you did an excellent job on the Atlantic Hearts sketch which I was afraid to tackle. I'm sure Marie would love to have you as a DT member, come back home, how bout it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recognize that this was a tough sketch at Atlantic Hearts... you did a terrific job with it, also combining it with Colour Dare (and Nutmeg is a tough colour to match). Love the sentiment. Well done - thanks for sharing in BOTH challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful job, it is a good day and your card is great! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. How special it must be to have a new craft space! Enjoy your summer break creating cards as fabulous as this one. Thank you for playing along at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete