Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Happy

Today I made a Father's Day card for my husband. I'm planning on getting him a gift, and I took the kids to the store and they each picked out a $2 gift for him. They were so cute looking for things for their dad, and I think he's going to love them. I'm trying to find a charcoal grill for him, but no luck today. I still have a couple of days, so I think I can find it.

The card uses the sketch at Atlantic Hearts with the bird on the tree branches. The colors are from Color My Heart - Toffee, Juniper, and Pomegranate. I used Desert Sand instead of Toffee, because I don't have it yet. I'm also entering this into the Father's day challenges at Heart 2 Heart and Crazy 4 Challenges.


I kept this card simple with just stamping. I stamped the branches in Desert Sand and colored them in. I colored in the leaves with Juniper. The bird and the sentiment are stamped in Pomegranate and selectively filled in with Desert Sand. The inside simply says, "Happy Father's Day."



Materials used:
Cardstock: Pomegranate, White Daisy
Stamps: Sunshine Birdies
Ink: Desert Sand, Juniper, Pomegranate

10 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah! What a cute card. I love how you used our colors and the sketch. Clean and simple.... great card. Thanks for sharing at Color My Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I really loved that stamp set! Thanks for sharing at Heart 2 Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this whimsical birdie and nice interpretation of the sketch. Thank you for sharing with us again at ColorMyHeart Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, you hit three design teams that I am on - I remember this stamp set from a while ago and I still love it! Love the interpretation of the sketch at Atlantic Hearts, it's a great Father's Day card as the sentiment is perfect and the colours are a great match without being overwhelming for Colour Dare! It's hard to cover so many challenges but you did a terrific job :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card, Sarah! I love the clean and simple look! Thank you for sharing with us at Color My Heart Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely clean and simple card and perfect use of our sketch at Atlantic Hearts this week!Thanks for joining us

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful one layer card! Love how you combined the color and sketch challenges for a gorgeous project! Thanks for sharing at Jo's Scrap Shack!
    Blessings,
    Christine
    DT Member
    https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely way to use this stamp set, Sarah, and that color combo looks great! Thank you for sharing with us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute card...I love the story of your shopping trip with your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H) Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member H2H & AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete