Monday, June 18, 2018

Candles, Jars, and Peppermints

Today I made another Christmas card! I really liked the inspiration photo at Merry Monday, so I grabbed some stamps from my stash and pieced them together to make something similar to the photo. The sketch at Atlantic Hearts was perfect for this challenge, too, I just replaced the tag with this mason jar. I'm also entering this into the layered holiday cards at Pile It On.


First I wanted a woodgrain background, and I recently remembered that there was one in the No Worries paper pack I got last summer. Then, I wanted a jar and candle, and they were both in the Candlelight Garden stamp set. I stamped them onto White cardstock and on the B&T paper, and paper pieced them together. I also stamped the peppermints from the Sweet as Sugar stamp set onto white daisy and onto the background paper. I got the evergreen branches from the Yuletide Carol WOTG stamp set. For the little holly berries, I embossed them with cranberry embossing powder. I found the perfect sentiment in the Wintry Wishes stamp set. It fits in with the warmth of the card from the candle.

The candle was colored with a Buttercup alcohol ink marker. I can't believe it still works after all these years. Very few of mine still work, but I wish they did. I loved them so much.

I hope you enjoyed my card, and I hope you'll get to play along at Merry Monday, Atlantic Hearts, and Pile It On this week too!



Materials used:
Cardstock: White Daisy
B&Ts: No Worries
Stamps: Yuletide Carol, Candlelight Garden, Sweet as Sugar, Wintry Wishes
Ink: Cocoa, Black, Cranberry
Other: Ruby Twine from the Mini Medleys, Cranberry Embossing Powder, Buttercup alcohol Marker

8 comments:

  1. Such a great card. Love the jar of candies. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday and your backgound pattern paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...you were able to combine ALL the elements of our inspiration photo into one FABULOUS card Sarah...LOVE it!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, Sarah! How cool that you got the candle into the candy jar - looks great! So glad you could play along with us at Merry Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous winter card - love the jar of candies - super sweet. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Pile it On Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card, I love the woodgrain background. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute, I love it! your take is so unique and a great Christmas card! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete