Saturday, June 9, 2018

For Him

Welcome to my second post of today! This time I have created a card for a man. I was inspired by the challenges at:

CAS-ual Fridays - Boys of Summer
Crazy 4 Challenges - Masculine
As You See It - Masculine inspiration board
Your Next Stamp - Sketch and colors


For this card I used 4 of the 5 colors from the Your Next Stamp challenge; I also used their sketch. I used a Champagne card base. I cut a circle out of a square of Dutch Blue, and then ran it through a woodgrain embossing folder. I stamped a tree in Desert Sand and centered the squared over the tree. I affixed it with foam tape to give it some dimension. To make the scallop, I cut circles and then snipped them in half. Then I layered on the sentiment. I meant to make the light blue Glacier, and I just pulled a scrap out of my scrap bag, but I think it's actually Sky or some other light blue. Glacier would be a little greener, and I think I would have liked it better, but it still looks nice. I kept thinking it needed a little something more, and I finally found some twine from the Wooden Mini Medleys. I think it gave it just the right touch!

I hope you are able to join in some of these challenges with me this week!


Materials used:
Cardstock: Champagne, Dutch Blue
Stamps: Country Born
Ink: Dutch Blue, Desert Sand
Other: Wooden mini Medleys, woodgrain embossing folder (not CTMH)

5 comments:

  1. You have included all the elements of our challenge seamlessly, Sarah! I like that you made the woodgrain in blue instead of brown and you created a window for your tree image. Thanks for playing along with us at As You See It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely masculine card....love your blue/brown combination and the tree in the window! But I REALLY love the twine! Great embellishment! So happy you played with our AYSI challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the way you've framed that gorgeous tree with the blue circular frame. You've used such a pretty colour combination. Thank you for joining us at AYSI this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great masculine card! Love the wood grain and the colours you used!
    Thanks for joining us at Your Next Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great guy card! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete