Sunday, January 14, 2024

Warm or Cool?

 Yesterday I made a pair of Christmas cards for 3 challenges:

Color My Heart

52 Christmas Card Throwdown

Atlantic Hearts 

Two of the challenges were color challenges, and very different color schemes. Color My Heart had very cool colors, and 52CCT had very warm colors. So I used the sketch from Atlantic Hearts for both cards, which lended itself well to several colors because of the strips of paper behind the main panel.








My colors for the Color Dare may not be exact, but the ones I had were the closest I could find: Sugarplum, Grey Flannel, Lilac Mist, Juniper, and Sage.

For 52 CCT, I used Cranberry, Sunset, and Canary.

Which is your favorite? Warm or cool?

Materials used:
Cardstock: White Daisy, Lilac Mist, Sugarplum, Juniper, Grey Flannel, Cranberry, Sunset, Canary, Slate
Stamps: Yuletide Carol, Yuletide Greetings
Ink: Intense Black, Sage, Sugarplum
Other: Tri Blend Markers, No Worries sequins, I Heart Us sequins

13 comments:

  1. Very pretty - love the clean and simple style. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pretty colors you chose. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet Christmas creation. Wonderful combination of colors and design!
    Thank you for joining the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown.
    Majda DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful set of cards. I can't decide which one I like more. Thank you for joining us this week at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and look forward to seeing you again soon!
    Anna, AHSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, I love the soft colours of the first one, it is so soothing, both are absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah, love both of your cards. Great combination of colors and images. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are very pretty. Great use of the sketch & colors. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah, both of your cards are pretty, a job well done in both color schemes. Smiles, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card design and just perfect for our warm colour challenge. Love the little panel with a candle on top. And wow how great you also made the second card with cool colours. Thank you for joining us at 52CCT. Valentina DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great use of the sketch and combining with Color Dare! I like both versions of your card. Thank you for playing with us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful festive card :-)) I like how you take my colours!
    Thank you for playing with us at 52CCT ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such pretty cards that each feel so different! Thank you for playing along with Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are so pretty. I love both color combos. A perfect take on the sketch as well. Thank you for sharing at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete