Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Mixed Media

 I try to participate in 52CCT every week, but I do get behind. This week I made one card that incorporated 3 challenges. Colors: pink, purple, and blue; Theme: tags on cards, and Technique: Mixed Media. The sketch is from Atlantic Hearts. This card ended up being big: 7.5”x5.5”. It seems I’m not very good at mixed media, but it was fun to try something different. I spread some texture paste on a stencil for the tags and watercolored over them when they dried. I painted some pearl paint over crackle medium around the edges. I don’t know think the crackle worked with the pearl paint. I stamped a Merry Christmas  tag, but it got covered up with paint and just looks kind of dirty. I don’t know. Maybe some of you could give me some pointers. Then I added some bows and embellishments.


Materials used:

Cardstock: Sky, Pansy Purple, Baby pink, White Daisy

Paper: Die Cut Mat Pad (K&Company, not CTMH)

Stamps: Yuletide Carol Scrapbooking Workshop 

Ink: Archival Black

Other: Texture Paste, Pearl Paint, Watercolors, Fundamentals Assortment, Brushed Assortment, Laughing Lola Assortment, Black Gem Flourishes



6 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah, I think your card is great, and the fact you had a go and had fun is the biggest win! I often find it fun to think what I'd do next with a card, but there are as many answers as there are crafters!! I struggle with crackle paste too, so I might "cheat" and use a crackle stamp with permanent ink around the edge. I'd be tempted to put the sentiment tag on top, although that would obscure the sketch a little. I love the gem swirls as tag strings, they look fabulous. Thanks for playing along with us at 52CCT, three weeks in one is good going!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The struggle is real with mixed media for me! I think you are brave to just give it a go and find out what works. The tags look great on your pearl background. Thank you for joining us at AHSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great mix of elements on your card. I too struggle with mixed media, so no help on the crackling here! Thanks for playing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice mix of elements & great use of the sketch. I love mixed media & have found a lot of my attempts aren't the result I was expecting but when I do create something I love it's all worth it! Keep at it, you never know when you'll come upon something you really love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you used a variety of techniques and styles, great job! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great mixed media card. Thank you for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete