Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Country Teddy Bear

 Today I made a funny little card that reminds me of decorations people had in their homes back in the 1990s. Teddy Bear’s picnic or something like that. After I picked my papers, I found this little thumbprint bear in my scraps and I thought it looked cute. Very country.

I am participating in Color My Heart, Heart 2 Heart, Double Trouble, and Use Your Stuff.


I used some non-CTMH paper I got from Hobby Lobby for the plaid background. I won some CTMH paper from Double Trouble, and I used some of that for the green plaid panel. I think it is the Holly Jolly paper pack. The cardstock is Bluebird, Pansy Purple and Honey.

I used the dimensions of the sketch from Heart 2 Heart, but I rotated it. The colors I pulled from the Inspiration Photo at Color My Heart were green, red, yellow, purple, and blue. I used green and plaid for Double Trouble and joined up with Use Your Stuff.






Materials used:
Cardstock: White Daisy, Bluebird, Pansy Purple, Honey
Paper: Holly Jolly, 12 Days of Christmas (the Paper Studio, not CTMH)
Stamps: Countdown
Ink: Willow


12 comments:

  1. Fun Christmas card! Love the plaid background and the cute teddy bear! Thank you for playing with us at Heart 2 Heart and Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, thank you for joining us at Double Trouble to share the fun of our plaid challenge! Your are right, those colors do indeed remind me of the "late 20th century" decor :-D -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your plaid background with the little bear. It's a perfect go with style. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can’t believe how well that plaid background matches our inspiration photo, what luck! Your lovely card is certainly bringing up some memories of when my niece was a baby in the 90’s! Thanks for playing along with Color My Heart Color Dare. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colors are perfect! Your layout perfect! I enjoy the traditional feel of this card. Thank you for joining us at CMHCD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep I remember and wore a lot of plaids over time but now my plaids are generally in cards. Super plaid and love the ittle Teddybear image. Thanks for sharng with us at Double Trouble and Use Your Stuff and Color My Heart Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet card that definitely has some nostalgia to it! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That plaid background is just perfect, and I love that little teddy bear! Thanks for joining us at H2H challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super fun card! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H).

    Brandi R.
    DT member H2H
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, Sarah! I love the colors you selected and that you mixed the plaid with the gingham. Thank you for joining in at Double Trouble Challenge #78.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card! We appreciate you creating with us at Heart 2 Heart Challenges!

    Melissa
    Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! Thanks for joining us @Heart2HeartChallenges!

    ReplyDelete