Monday, July 2, 2018

New Technique!

Hi everybody! This is my third post of the day. I am on a roll! I started this card last night, but I got stumped, so I left it overnight to sleep on it. I always think better when I can get some sleep. I asked my daughter what I could do better, and she wanted me to color around the Thank You, so I went over the stamped part with watercolor. Before, there was too much white space in between the swirls, and you couldn't see the sentiment very well. Now, there's a good outline around it and you it looks really pretty!


For this card, we were to use the Eclipse technique for the challenge at Crazy 4 Challenges. I've never done it before, and it's always good to get me out of my comfort zone, even though I'm hesitant to try something new. Especially since I have to use my cricut, and it is daunting for me sometimes. So I cut the "Thank You" out, then took the negative space and stamped over it with a swirly stamp. Then I glued the negative and the cutout space back together and outlined it with ink and water with my paintbrush. I stamped and fussy cut the flowers. The colors are from Color Throwdown, and the Sketch is from Freshly Made Sketches. I'm also entering this into the Anything Goes challenges at Simon Says and Just Us Girls.



Materials used:
Cardstock: White Daisy, Pacifica
B&Ts: Penelope
Stamps: Skylark WOTG, It's the Little Things
Ink: Pacifica, Pear, Buttercup
Other: Artiste Cricut cartridge

3 comments:

  1. I love that sweet background - the images with the hint of watercolor is a beautiful look. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you stepping out! Turned out great. Thanks for joining in at JUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. The eclipse technique turned out fantastic indeed. I love how you kept the sentiment space white as opposed to popping it up! Gorgeous panel and layout of the floral stamps. Thank you so much for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. xx Ankita

    ReplyDelete