Monday, February 3, 2014

Christmas and Anniversary

Here are a couple of cards I made last week, but never got the chance to post. This first one is an amalgamation of the challenges from

CASE Study
CAS(E) This Sketch
Inspired By


I was inspired to use a die cut and vellum with embossing over the top by the card from CASE Study. I cut out a border from Petal cardstock using the Artbooking Cricut cartridge. The colors silver, purple and pink were from the Inspired By Inspiration Photo.


Materials used:
Cardstock: White Daisy, Petal
Stamps: The Happy Couple
Ink: VersaMark
Other: Silver Embossing Powder, vellum (not CTMH), Pink Sparkles, Artbooking Cricut cartridge

The next card didn't really turn out how I'd planned, but here it is anyway. I used the sketch and sponging challenge from Friday Mashup - I sponged with white pigment ink to make it look frosty. I was going to enter it into the double embossing challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown, but I was too late. I got my inspiration from Frosted Designs.



Materials used:
Cardstock: Bamboo, Chocolate, Crystal Blue
Stamps: Frosted WOTG, Scandinavian Wishes, Pair-a-Phrase, Wonderland WOTG
Ink: Crystal Blue, White Daisy, VersaMark
Other: Gold Embossing Powder, snowflake embossing folder (Cuttlebug, not CTMH)

10 comments:

  1. I like the touch of vellum over the heart border--wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you didn't go traditional pink or red on the first - it makes this more interesting and eye catching. And oh my .. all that gold emboss on the second... swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, I love the gold embossed collage look on your card. The sponging does give it a frosty look;) Things often don't turn out what our mind imagined but others just see a great card! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week- please continue sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, Sarah! Love that Artbooking heart border!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, this is SOOOO cute! I love the embossing, and the card is just so fun! I can tell the mood board inspired you! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the gold embossing, and the white pigment ink you used to sponge your snowflakes. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup this week.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards! I especially love the first one -- great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These cards are wonderful!!! LOVE the vellum sentiment on the first one!!!
    Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cards, thank you for joining us at Frosted designs. channa

    ReplyDelete