Thursday, January 2, 2014

A Few Challenge Cards

Today my kids went back to school, so I took advantage of the morning hours to make some challenge cards. Hopefully I will be able to stay awake this afternoon to make my Color Dare Project for tomorrow's post! I haven't been sleeping well, so I tend to take naps. But that makes me not be able to sleep well, and it's just an unending circle. So I'm going to try to NOT take a nap today. We'll see how that goes.

This first card I made for the challenge at Inspired By using the Deconstructed Sketch:




I was inspired by the colors, textures, and layers in the photo, plus the pillow that the cat is sitting on! I tried to make this one masculine. It says simply "happy birthday" on the inside.

Materials used:
Cardstock: White Daisy, Slate, Whisper
Stamps: Cozy Cat, Just a Number
Ink: Memento (not CTMH)
Markers: Cotton Candy, Whisper
Other: Neutral Baker's Twine, Shimmer Brads, Christmas embossing folder (Cuttlebug, not CTMH), Durables Artisan Studs

This next card is for Pals Paper Arts and CAS(E) This Sketch.


PPA186 Jan 2

It's hard to tell in the photo, but I embossed the cake with gold embossing powder. It really looks cool in person! The inside says "Old age isn't so bad... considering the alternative!"

Materials used:
Cardstock: Lagoon, White Daisy
Stamps: Just a Number, You Are My Happy
Ink: VersaMark, Black
Other: Gold Embossing Powder

This last one, I made a few week's ago. I was making it for these challenges:

CASE Study
Technique Time Tuesday
Word Art Wednesday
Simon Says
Pals Paper Arts Sketch

I ran out of time to upload it last week, so I'm late for most of these challenges. But I was inspired by the Bohemian floral pattern and the lace on the CASE Study cookies, so I used that pretty Florentine paper and some white lace.
PPA185
The verse is Romans 5:1. "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ."


Materials used:
Cardstock: Colonial White
B&Ts: Florentine
Stamps WAW digital word art (not CTMH)
Ink: Chocolate
Other: lace from my stash (not CTMH), Base & Bling Floral accents

Technique: Faux Frame

6 comments:

  1. You have been busy! Wonderful creations! Thanks for playing at Inspired By.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are a busy girl! Love the little accents you add to your projects, like the bell on the kitty and the gem flower! It ties everything together so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great cards! I especially love the one with the cat; he looks so happy that it makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are stunning, I love how the muse inspiration has inspired you! Thanks so much for joining us at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your clean designs Sarah and really enjoyed your card for PPA 186 this week. Thanks for playing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clean, great CAS card. Thanks for having fun with the Pals this week!

    ReplyDelete