Thursday, July 11, 2013

Some cards

Today I thought I would play with some of my new products that are coming out on August 1st, so I participated in some of my favorite card challenges. The first card uses the new background stamp set that we received at convention:

I used the sketch from DeconstructingJen for this card, and the colors from the Play Date Café. I cased this card from Jaclyn Miller.

Materials used:
Paper: White Daisy
Stamps: D1559 Geometric Backgrounds (Available August 1st), Viva! (exclusive convention stamp set), Say It In Style (retired)
Ink: Autumn Terracotta, Honey, Buttercup
Other: Sparkles - Brown & Tan, Twill Ribbon (retired)

The second card uses all three backgrounds from the same stamp set:
I used the colors from Pals Paper Arts for this card, the inspiration is from Inspired By - I liked the different stripes of patterns and the fabric flowers, and the sketch is my take on Atlantic Hearts. I will be sending this as an Any Hero card to Operation Write Home.
PPA163[1]

Materials used:
Paper: Colonial White
Stamps: Geometric Backgrounds, Courage
Ink: Ruby, Outdoor Denim
Other: Claire Assortment

My next set of cards uses the new Laughing Lola paper (the pink paper is Lucy).
My oldest daughter is the little ballerina. The exclusive "Laughing Lola Purple" paper matched her little costume perfectly. I am entering these cards into the challenge at Case Study.

Materials used:
Cardstock: White Daisy
B&Ts: X7170B Laughing Lola (available August 1st), Lucy (retired)
Stamps: Say it in Style (retired), Card Chatter - Love (retired)

18 comments:

  1. I really like the use of all 3 stamps to create the different levels. Also, your first card posted would qualify too, as you did generational levels....thank you for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your cards are awesome, Sarah! Your PPA card is so creative! I LOVE it! Thanks for playing with us at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy, these are all awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to use a stamp. Thanks for playing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! Love all your cards Sarah!! Very clever PPA card!! Love it!! Thank you for playing with us at Pals Paper Arts!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card! I love the color combination. Thanks for joining us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both the "stripy" cards are great. Love the mix of either graphic patterns or of colours in the same pattern. Thanks for linking these up with Atlantic Hearts this week. The cards featuring your sweet daughters are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWESOME, I love them both. Great job !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love the first card, how it all blends so seamlessly into one. May have convinced me to order that stamp set it makes such a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sarah, great job with the pattern strips. Both cards are beautiful! Thanks for playing with us at Pals Paper Arts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards are fantastic. Thank you for playing along with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    Hugs,
    Mary Ellen, AHSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome Cards! Thanks for playing along with us at Atlantic Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely projects. Thanks for playing along at Atlanic Hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the ombre effect you have going on here! So glad you could join us for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your daughter is PRECIOUS~and I really like your striped cards Sarah~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely ombre work here. Pretty stuff! Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete