Friday, April 12, 2013

Orange & Blue Card

One more post for today. It's still snowing.

Here's a card I made for some Thursday challenges:

CASE Study
CAS(E) this Sketch
The Play Date Cafe
Inspired By


This card was harder to make than it looks. I cut out 3 strips of each color, then glued them down in different orders on white cardstock. Then I measured and cut each piece to fit onto the card. Then I cut the white cardstock to fit on the card front, and I marked and cut the cardstock so it would fit like a puzzle. You can't really see the detail very well in the photo, but here is a side view so you can see the dimension.

To make the flower, I stamped the larger petals in Outdoor Denim and cut them out, then I stamped the smaller petals in Sunset and cut them out, then layered them and secured them with a corduroy brad. I like the retro look. The isnpiration photo at Inspired By inspired me to use navy on my card and add a flower.

Materials used:
Cardstock: Outdoor Denim, Sunset, Lagoon, Colonial White
Stamps: Dreamin' WOTG
Ink: Black, Outdoor Denim, Sunset
Other: vellum (not CTMH), Sunset Mini Medleys

8 comments:

  1. I love your card! It was worth the extra effort to arrange your diagonal stripe in various colors. congrats on such a fine card!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super combination of sketches! I think the flower over the diagonal stripes is super!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great combination of all these challenges! I love the colours and that classic 'blossom' shape! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Thanks for playing at Inspired By.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the design you created! Great graphic design! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a bold design! Love how it looks on the white base :) Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun - I LOVE the strip!! It's still wonderfully CAS but you have obviously put some time into it! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very pretty. what a great pattern you created! Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete