Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A Few Thursday Cards

Here are a few cards I made for some Thursday challenges. The first one is for The Play Date Cafe and CAS[E] This Sketch.


I made a simple one-layer card using the masking technique with the chevron stamp. This is the first time I've used it and I'm liking it! This is also the first time I've used my Watermelon ink, and it's been retired for something like 7 years! (I've only had it for one year, though.)

Materials used:
Cardstock: White Daisy
Stamps: Chantilly Cardmaking WOTG
Ink: Watermelon, Grey Flannel, Sunny Yellow

The next card is for For Your Inspiration and Deconstructed Sketch:
I was inspired by the sunset, the clouds, and the canyon in the picture, so I chose the colors honey, sunset, and smoothie to mimic the sunset and I added the sunshine sentiment on the cut-out cloud. The black strip at the bottom was inspired by the canyon.
Deconstructed Sketch No. 98

Materials used:
Cardstock: Honey, Black, White Daisy
B&Ts: Dotty For You
Stamps: Splendid Day
Ink: Honey
Other: Paradise Baker's Twine, Artiste Cricut cartridge, yellow gems (not CTMH)

The final card is for CASE Study and Inspired By:

I photographed this card laying down because the front has a circle cut out where the globe is. I had to make a 1 3/4 inch circle because that's how big my stamp was. I actually found a stamp that said "YOU make the WORLD  a better place." So I used the masking technique to only stamp the capitalized words. The letters are cut out from the Doodle Type cricut cartridge at 3/4".

Materials used:
Cardstock: White Daisy, Hollyhock, Sunny Yellow, Pear, Lagoon
Stamps: Pemberly WOTG, First Class, Card Word Puzzle
Ink: Black
Other: Doodletype Cricut cartridge (not CTMH)

7 comments:

  1. Awesome cards! Thanks for playing at Inspired By.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards - I love the FYI card - Thanks for joining in to FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your cards are awesome! Thanks for playing at FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all fabulous, Sarah! Love all the different styles and I adore the bling on your FYI card! Thanks for joining us at FYI! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards! I like your choice of patterned papers and the gems on the FYI card. So glad you played along with us at FYI.

    ReplyDelete