Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Rosette Card

So, I was gone all day today, but I'd been wanting to make this card, and the ideas were forming in my head, so I just had to put it together before I went to bed. I'm really tired because I was berry picking earlier. Here's a little taste of it for you:




And I'm eating a piece of this delicious pie right now!

So now on to my card. I made this card for 4 challenges. I had really been wanting to do the case study, but it took me so long to come up with an idea that I missed the cutoff! Oh well, I'm doing it anyway! This is the inspiration card:

I used the sketch from Card Patterns and the challenge at Our Creative Corner was to use your favorite Tim Holtz Technique. I chose to make the rosette. I've never done one of his techniques before, and since it's the only one I know about (I watched the video), it's officially my favorite! :)

And the colors from Dynamic Duos:

Here is my card:
Materials used:
Paper: Bliss Bulk B&T's, Grey Flannel and Blush cardstock
Stamps: Card Word Puzzle, Quick Cards - Butterfly
Ink: Black
Other: Pink Sparkles
Tools: Embossing Tool, Sanding Kit

10 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card, and great photos! Your pie looks to die for :) Thank you for playing with us at CASE Study, I hope next time you make the cut! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mummm, yummy. You're really teasing us with those delicious looking strawberries! Your card came out terrific - beautiful colors, wonderful rosette and lovely butterfly! So happy you joined in the fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful butterfly and rosette!
    Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  4. The berries look delicious! I am with you on always missing the CASE study deadline! Love your rosette. Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty rosette Sarah, lovely card. Thanks' for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok now I have to go buy some strawberries..they look yummy! Your card is so pretty, love the touch of bling on your butterfly. Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry....I lost all focus at the picking of strawberries (yum and so much fun) to the baking of the pie (salivating and extremely jealous)!!!! Oh year...the card! You rocked the rosette...don't you just love that die!?! I love the whole CAS look mixed with a little Timmy wonderfulness!!!! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!! Love the colors you used. So glad you could join us on Card Patterns this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your rosette is gorgeous ... love the soft colour palette!
    Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner!!!

    ReplyDelete